Anyone getting this error message?

I had this exact problem right away with first A4 I got. I tried doing all the resets and tests etc. Support told me there was a problem with the machine and to exchange it with the retailer which I did. The second machine has had no issues whatsoever.

Same here for me as what happened to tsv. Just open a ticket w/ Elektron and follow their directions. It’s possible that there’s a problem specifically with your hardware. It’s rare but happens. Elektron exchanged mine and I haven’e had it happen since.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what the problem is, so just follow whatever directions they give you for testing.

I’ve not seen this message, but I have had mine crash (the whole ui just hangs) about 3 times. I’ve only had it less than a week. Is it a common occurance to have these freezes ??

Are you using the USB connection by any chance?

There’s the following issue:

[ul]
[li]connect via USB[/li]
[li]open a MIDI connection to A4 via any app[/li]
[li]close the app[/li]
[li]keep sending MIDI from A4 (tweak some knobs for a few seconds)[/li]
[li]crash[/li]
[/ul]

this will crash the A4 reliably (with iOS/OSX, dunno about other hosts).
It’s reported & acknowledged.

I have not had any crashes at all with the new machine. I also use it USB with logic x and I’ve never had it freeze so far. Support was very responsive and helpful when I opened up a ticket. Thanks.

@void - that could be the very reason, makes sense given that i’ve been tinkering with sysex etc - good to know it’s in the works for a fix : - ]

[edit] yep - just stopping the s/w link from my editor makes it freeze, not touching usb cables, after a bit of twiddling it’s frozen !

I had error like that few times but only had camera today. This is what I got today.

Ok. So, it’s already been about a week since I first did the systems check then I did a system restore and finally did the update to 1.06 and since then I have not gotten this error! I followed the steps that others suggested (thank you everyone) and so far I’m good. However,If I were to get this error again I’ll be opening a ticket with elektron. So cars so good but I’ll still keep everyone posted if income across any errors. Thank you guys, couldn’t have done this without you!

dude it’s just a software error. reporting it to elektron is the right thing to do. there’s no reason to get worked up about it.

the very reason error messages like this exist is to give developers hints about logic errors in a program. All programs have bugs. If they are reported, developers can fix them. and the world keeps spinning. :slight_smile:

I have taken a different approach - I took the machine back to the store (in Vienna) and got it immediately replaced by a new one. The new one works perfectly so far ! :slight_smile:

Well, I just opened a service ticket with elektron since it happened again :frowning: does anyone know if they take a long time to reply? I opened the service request 2 days ago.

I am in the USA and anytime I have contacted support, it usually was always within 3 days giving the time zone difference and never know what holidays they may observe, just hand tight, as they always respond reasonably time-wise.

Thanks namnibor, today is 2 days since I messaged them so there’s still some time until they reply. Thanks for your answer though, gives me peace of mind and reassurance that hopefully something good will come out of this, thanks again!

[ol]
[li]Turn off A4.[/li]
[li]Hold Function button.[/li]
[li]Turn on A4.[/li]
[li]Try ‘1. Test Mode.’[/li]
[li]Try ‘4. OS update.’[/li]
[li]Try ‘2. Empty Reset’ - sorry, you will lose your patches.[/li]
[li]Try ‘3. Factory Reset’ - your patches gone already, so no loss.[/li]
[li]If a reset works, begin again, but do OS update.[/li]
[li]Still no luck? Email Elektron.[/li]
[/ol]

OS here: http://www.elektron.se/products/analog?section=downloads

I recommend to upgrade to 1.06.

The bad news; I couldn’t get my a4 to work with the rest.

The good news; I sent it to the repair center here in the US and elektron fixed it!!! Problem solved. They took a little long (about 1 month) but fixed it at no charge and did an amazing job! I’m so happy!

Thanks to all that gave me feedback as to how to proceed.

Did they tell you what the problem was?

Well, the part that they replaced was the “AF IOCPU.” They didn’t give me details but I’m assuming this is the part that wasn’t working.

Yes I got that message. My pattern delete works, but the undo doens’t work. It pattern deletes twice, then undo, but it’s too late cause I’m undoing the second delete.

Once when trying to get undo to work that message popped up.

No, not necessarily. Faulty hardware can also result in software exceptions. Never had a PCI card fail in your PC back in the days? :wink:

point taken :slight_smile: