Can volume be set independently of patterns and pre effects?

I just got a Faderfox DJ4 and I’m loving the ability to adjust the track volumes all at once. To preserve reverb and delay tails, I’ve been setting the faders to control trigger volume instead of track volume. Of course, this gets all screwed up whenever trig volume is locked to a scene, LFO or trig. Is there no other way to change pee-fox volume?

Also, now that I’m fading tracks in and out at my leisure, I’m running into an issue where my fader volume positions are not preserved across patterns when they have different parts assigned to them, which obviously is because volume is stored at the part level. However, tracks that are muted in one pattern stay muted in another pattern, so there’s obviously some kind of parameter that adjusts volume across multiple parts. Is it just track volume, as opposed to trigger volume?

Finally, what is the difference in behavior between the two MIDI CC’s that correspond to track volume?

Not sure how to answer this one.

VOL is pre Fx, LVL is post Fx.
I use VOL with a controller.

1 Like

I know some people swear by lemon peel to keep cats from urinating on their garden.

Ahhh, autocorrect is a wily woman.

1 Like

Does XVOL stay the same when changing parts? I’ll have to try this when I get home.

And VOL will change if you change part.