How to install OS 1.45? [was "Dual VCO Install"]

I can’t actually figure out how to install the Dual VCO OS upgrade. The ReadMe simply says to “send the SysEx to the Rytm”. And how exactly am I to do that? Using C6? Please help.

Have you read thru various threads of what has worked and hasn’t? There are thousands of answers to that exact same question

2 Likes

I’ve looked briefly through the thread topics but didn’t catch anything about the install and I assume most people in the forum are savvy enough to where they wouldn’t be having this issue. As for me, I’m still pretty new with Elektron and sending SysEx files… Perhaps you could provide me a link to a thread that answers the question…

2 Likes
2 Likes

In the project/settings menu (little cog button) scroll down to Midi Setup/Ports. make sure your set to only send and receive midi via USB. (this will make it go a LOT faster)

Then go back a few menus down to system I believe it’s called and you’ll see an OS upgrade option. select it and the RYTM should say “Waiting for sysex” use C6 or Sysex Librarian etc. with the Rytm’s usb port selected as the midi device and send the file.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Copy all. That was incredibly easy and essentially the same as sending a sound pack. Thank you all.

2 Likes