Issues with the AR

Hey
I’m having a lot of trouble trying to update my AR.
I’ve scanned through the manual and I cannot seem to find any information regarding how to enter the global settings menu, so I can update my AR, for example.

I’m also wondering about the FM synth… How do I get a FM snare and a FM kick going, I mean, how do I change the actual kick sound to a FM kick sound, I can’t seem to find any knob that does this, in the sample menu for example, u can change the sample to another one, but there is no option to change the kick drum to an FM kick drum if I enter the synth menu.

Any help I can be provided with is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Is it a joke ? hihihi honestly that’s simple Hajtand :

I’m having a lot of trouble trying to update my AR.
[Function] + [Track/Global]
Then Upgrade OS :wink:

I’m also wondering about the FM synth… How do I get a FM snare and a FM kick going :
Double click on Synth to change Synthesis models (pay attention to be a the correct slot, if you trying to load an fm snare in the closed hats… you will not access it)

For Load Sounds, just go to Sound browser
[Function] + [Mute/Sounds]

1.) Function + “Track” should put you into the Global menu. Scroll down to System. Enter System and select OS Upgrade. It’ll wait for the upgrade from C6.

2.) Makes sure you’ve selected BD1 as your Track to edit by hitting Track + BD1 (The pad will light red.) Double tap Synth twice and it’ll take you into the Machine page.

Beat me. :slight_smile:

@ hajtand Really pour over the menu. Then do it again. :slight_smile:

edit: Here’s a quick guide a fellow naut was nice enough to put together: Analog Rytm quick guide

No, this was not a joke, sorry for being stupid, I guess.

I’m not a very technical type of guy, so I thank you guys for the help.
I got it working now with the help from you guys :slight_smile:

Hajtand, don’t be thrown off by snippy but ultimately helpful answers here.

Most users of the forum are lurkers and are looking for exactly the same answers you are looking for.

For sure. We all have to start somewhere. I know I did two months ago.

title of the thread isn’t great :-1:

should read

“help needed with AR” :+1:

or even

“I haven’t read the manual properly can someone spoonfeed me” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… “Ok.”
The manual I was provided with does not explain how to use the features, only what they do.
I still fail to see the reason behind this reply…

… “Ok.”
The manual I was provided with does not explain how to use the features, only what they do.
I still fail to see the reason behind this reply… [/quote]
Well the PDF file attached to the Rytm update provides instructions on how to update. If you don’t understand a feature or function, all you have to do is search that function in the Rytm manual which you download from the Elektron.se website.

This is super basic stuff. It states the answers to your questions in both the quick start guide and the online manual, so I can see where some people think you may not have done your homework.

I reckon give the guy a break, all he done was ask a couple of questions and was fairly polite about it too. And felt like he had to put himself down as ‘stupid’ because of peoples reactions. This a community, not a courtroom :slight_smile:

+1

+1 ^^

Good luck with your new machine dude - you’ll get there - the Elektron manuals aren’t always a super easy read - search the PDF version and the forum for specifics.