MIDI in to filter has odd behavior

I have a mini brute to octatrack sending out to A4. On the mod wheel page of track 3 for the A4 I set it to control only filter 1 freq. when I turn the mini brute mod wheel the filter on A4 rises to mid level and then there is so garbled sound and then it (mod wheel level as shown on the mod wheel page) drops again to zero. I can’t seem to be able to go past half open filter when controlling from the minibrute. And these weird sounds. What’s up?

1 Like

Here is another person with the same issue. Mod wheel fine msg problem

I see in the A4 man pages that it should accept a course and fine cc (1 and 33) for mod wheel. MIDI monitor shows that this is exactly what is being sent by the mini brute. anyone here have any luck getting A4 to listen to 14bit mod wheel (as advertised in the manual) ?

1 Like

I don’t have an AF/AK, so I’m only looking at the manual:
[ul]
[li]The MIDI implementation (page D-1 of the AF manual) states that AF responds to CC 1 for Mod wheel MSB and to CC 33 for mod wheel LSB.[/li]
[li]The description of Sound Settings > Modulation Wheel (page 26 of the AF manual) states only that “parameters can be assigned to the MIDI mod wheel command (CC #1)”.[/li]
[/ul]

I assume that the parameters assigned to respond to mod wheel can only take values from 0 to 127, so only one CC is used.

Can the AF use mod wheel MSB and LSB to control one of its other 14-bit parameters like osc pitch?

It may be that the MiniBrute is unusual in sending two CCs for mod wheel, and that the AF/AK does not successfully handle it.

It might be worth calibrating the MB’s mod wheel in case it is faulty.

Edit: update after reading the thread that you linked; forum member brunatius indicated that he had been told that the problem arises due to an unfixed bug in the AF/AK. You should send a support request to Elektron and ask them to fix the bug.

I don’t have an AF/AK, so I’m only looking at the manual:
[ul]
[li]The MIDI implementation (page D-1 of the AF manual) states that AF responds to CC 1 for Mod wheel MSB and to CC 33 for mod wheel LSB.[/li]
[li]The description of Sound Settings > Modulation Wheel (page 26 of the AF manual) states only that “parameters can be assigned to the MIDI mod wheel command (CC #1)”.[/li]
[/ul]

I assume that the parameters assigned to respond to mod wheel can only take values from 0 to 127, so only one CC is used.

Can the AF use mod wheel MSB and LSB to control one of its other 14-bit parameters like osc pitch?

It may be that the MiniBrute is unusual in sending two CCs for mod wheel, and that the AF/AK does not successfully handle it.

It might be worth calibrating the MB’s mod wheel in case it is faulty.

Edit: update after reading the thread that you linked; forum member brunatius indicated that he had been told that the problem arises due to an unfixed bug in the AF/AK. You should send a support request to Elektron and ask them to fix the bug.[/quote]
I made a max patch to show this problem and sent it to elektron. They are aware of it but have decided not to fix it. I just checked and it is still there with the latest fw.

1 Like