TM-1 USB error

The problem i have is a simple one (at first)…

I have a TM-1 that came with my MD SPS-1 UW+. Great tool and it worked perfectly on XP, and Win 7.
I have now upgraded (i know… idiot) to Win 10 and the TM-1 wont work at all now. On device manager it says (error 10 device wont start).
Now i have tried loads of things to resolve this, drivers in out, cables, every port on the machine, no other usb devices in, etc.
The weird part is this, i also have a Win 10 laptop, almost identical spec to my desktop pc and it works fine on there,

Any ideas ppl.

Peter

A search for TM1 USB Win thows up some similar user experience and workarounds

Try the search for other info that may assist

Any people using the TM-1 with Windows 10 successfully? my device manager says ‘Driver Error’ and i’m struggling to make any progress with solving the issue. Elektron website has a firmware update fixing connection issues between it and Windows 7 & 8 from April 2015 - nothing newer.

I was about to buy the TM-1 midi interface for my Monomachine but seems like not a good idea. Anyone has any experience with this?

Are you asking about general use of the TM-1 with the Monomachine or specifically about use of the TM-1 with Windows 10?

I’m asking about the Windows 10 issue. I read that it has no problem sending and recieving midi data between external gear but also read that it has problems with current operating systems. I use Ableton, I want to be able to record, send and recieve midi data with the TM-1. My question is, is anyone working on a Windows 10 computer able to work with the TM-1 without any issues? Or have you guys found a solution for the connectivity issue? Thank you.

I guess this is more likely a windows problem? I’ve not had any problem with the TM-1 in mac, ipad world

Thank you. That’s good to know.

Just had this problem, it was recognised via a USB 3 and 1 port but not a USB 2.

Can’t get any files into my MD yet though.

Hello, it has been some years and today i had a breakthrough with the TM-1 interface. Here is the steps i took to resolve it.
I have WIN 10 pro, SPS - 1 UW+ and the TM-1 interface.

All i did was hold the turbo button while plugging in the TM-1 interface, the LEDS cascaded and boom its working.

Hopefully that is all you guys need to make this work, 15 minutes to transfer a sample bank is too long in this day of hyper powered tech.

Good luck Elekronauts :_)

3 Likes

I’m also having issues with the TM-1 and my Win10 PC.
If I leave the TM-1 plugged in during a restart it needs to unplugged and plugged again (maybe more than one time) in order to be correctly seen from Device Manager.
It comes up with a yellow triangle exclamation mark several times and I have to re-plug it in order to make it work.
When it works it works okay but should I always have to disconnect it when I power down and replug it when the PC boots?
Can’t I just have it always connected?
It serves as a USB to MIDI as well so I need to always have it plugged in and ready to go.
I’m running 1.05 firmware on the TM-1.
Anyone have the old (1.02) firmware so I can try if this resolves the issue?

Guide for anyone using Windows 10.

1. Unplug all USB devices other than keyboard and mouse. This is the most important step!
  2. Plug USB cable into a USB 3 socket only.
  3. Plug other end into the TM-1.
  4. In Device Manager, there should be no notifications of Unknown Devices.

Start C6 and TM-1 should now be working.

Golden! This helped to revive the TM1. Thank you so much @peterkilmartin!!!

1 Like

I’m glad it helped. I spent many an hour trying to jump start the interface back to life. It is so important for transferring samples otherwise you could be there for hours .

Especially to upgrade to X.05 would have taken ages. Just did it in a few minutes. :smile:

Yes you get used to the speed . Don’t want to go back to a dial-up equivalent :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

1 Like

I had so nice answers on FB about this problem :

It appears that the TM-1 is incompatible with certain USB chipsets. Mine connects to one of my Win10 machines with no trouble, and works only intermittently with the other. However, if I connect the TM-1 through a USB hub, it works every time. I have tried it with an Elektron Overhub and also with one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L32B9C2

worth try this , uninstall the existing driver is is there , restart the machine without digital signature and see if works , had similar issue with my e-mu sampler