Toraiz as-1

If it was multi timbral it might be more interesting but at this stage not interested.

1 Like

It seems kind of a weird thing. Not quite a monotron/volca (also more pricey), but not really fully featured either. I mean for that money you can get a Minilogue. I wonder where they are aiming at with this one.

2 Likes

I tried to play on 2 turntables + TR8 + TB3. It’s similar setup to what Pioneer offers (CDJ + SP16 + AS-1), but with no sync. It’s very hard to make a mix with full tracks and synth/drums, because there is really no space to add something to the finished track.
Most Pioneer DJs will end up with auto sync on everything, loops on CDJs and single hits from Toraiz machines.

1 Like

Percussion and live textures work reasonably well though.

I often use a Wavedrum and a synth + effects (played live) alongside decks. So long as delays are roughly synched, it works well.

sounds like quality and is clearly a companion for the Toraiz Sampler thing.

like it, even if it’s limited o first sight. :slight_smile:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Analog Synth and Sine

This is perfect for the EDM DJ that loves Pioneer that wants something to make blips and blops with on top of their DJ sets.

1 Like

And they only need to sell one unit to cover their R&D outlay!

2 Likes

The Toraiz Sp-16 will have a special midi control track for deeper integrated control of the AS-1

1 Like

in other news,
Pioneer just dropped their first analog monosynth with the help of Dave SMith. It actually looks pretty solid. Shouldve made it battery powered tho. They probably gonna charge alot of $$ for this.

1 Like

Did they fix the bugs on the minilogue ?

I’m very interested in this synth! I can’t decide on this or bassstation 2. I could just save for an A4 tho

Hello,

I think the price is acceptable, it’s 550€, so probably around 500€ street. I do not see many compact 2-OSC analog synths with sequencer in that price range. This is more powerful than a one oscillator 303 clone, less powerful than a Moog Mother, but accessible with a nice set of performance features. The best alternative is the Korg Mono, but that is too big for me when travelling.

This thing is a bit deeper than it looks, lot’s of parameters accessible via menu diving, only number of knobs reduced.

Thinking about buying this as a companion for the Rytm.

K

4 Likes

Yeah im going to get one. It looks very promising and Pioneer has a way of making things easy to use.

sheesh those three are all so different. Whats your set up like?

Octatrack, korg ea-1 , korg er-1 , jx-03, Alesis micron, dx7 IId, and a kp3 Kaoss pad. I want something for bass. Out of the synths I have I really enjoy the jx-03. I like a minimal setup so I would like 2 synths and my Octatrack.

You got a nice set as it is lol. i have the A4. Its alot of bang for the buck. I would go A4 and AS-1 if you can. you can always layer the AS-1 in the OT. And the A4 is just a gorgeous sounding machine. I dont think anything out there can recreates its personality.

1 Like

This is a fascinating little tabletop for sure. Same depth as Elektron, with width right between AH/DT and AR/A4/MD/MM

Could give the BS2 a run for its money. Especially for people looking for a 2 OSC + SUB with more capable onboard sequencer and more sequence memories, and in a more compact format. Coincidentally, these were my only real gripes about the BS2.

I wish it were more knobby, but the price is nice.

2 Likes

I been thinking long and hard about selling my other gear for the as-1 then eventually A4! It would be the perfect portable set up for me! Octatrack ,jx-03, as-1 , a4

I feel like all that I’ve heard of the bs2 the sound doesn’t quite capture me as the as-1 does. The as-1 patches sounded great not to mention 495 user slots!