New (Used) OT: Fault(s) to Look For (?)

Hey hey.

Soooo soon to pickup a used OT. I’m just boiling with excitement.

In addition to this issue (Strange Trig Button Issue), is there any other potential faults I should look for when inspecting the OT on arrival? It’s still under warranty so I want to get a jump on any problems right away.

I’ve been over at the AR board for some time now and I just enjoy this board immensely. Looking forward to swapping tips and tricks here too (though I know I’m a little far behind most people).

Thanks ya’ll!!! See you around.

I believe if you dig around you may find a few discussions on reversed crossfader, dodgy headphone out ?, benf cf card reader pins (be careful when inserting) and probably encoder wobble/skipping - you’d probably best check all switches work and are not sticky - bought mine s/h, the only issue I had was a loose xfader assembly, easy to tighten up - also look to see if the crumb catcher is in place - sturdy units & the paint is way more tough than the subsequent boxes - label up your Elektron psus now as they use different voltages, countless threads about peeps using the wrong one and getting half booting boxes
the OT is easy to use eventually, but it’s insanely flexible in terms or routing - massive potential to unlock, enjoy :slight_smile:

Thanks man! I tried already a google site search for general issues but came up with nothing. Your list will help. I’ve read allll about the bent cf card issue so well prepared for that. Did not know about the crumb catcher. I’ll check it’s up to snuff.

Being on the AR board, I’m ready to make sure PSUs are sorted. What a nightmare for some.

I’m optimistic that my training with the AR has readied me well enough to get started (I had must less difficulty starting with an ASR10 I picked up post-AR than an Alpha Juno I got pre-AR), but considering still it’s depth I’m reading up the manual, Merlin and watching tuts by the plenty.

Anyway thrilled to be diving in.

Avantronica detailed all faults I’d check for…

But thought I’d bring something to your attention that you may not have realised…

Many people ask for more LFOs within the AR, well with OT’s midi sequencer you now have 24 more LFOs to use as you please with the Rytm…! :wink:

That is literally one of the first games I’m going to have the siblings play together when they first meet.